The African Women Public Advocacy Committee (TAWPAC) is a non-profit organization established in September of 2020, in Atlanta Georgia, USA.
We are African Women that came to the realization that we need to arise for our people. We need to be the voice that beacons our people to become an integral part of the global social, economic and political system; through advocacy, education and collaboration.
To be the Catalyst and Cohesive force in the advancement of Africans and African affairs.
To engage, inspire, & empower the African Community to be an integral voice in the sociopolitical & cultural system through advocacy, education, welfare, and collaboration to effect positive change in our communities.
Our Core Values
- Resilient: We are focused, determined, and aim to achieve the impossible.
- Integrity: We say what we do and do what we say.
- Respect: We are committed to treating our people, our partners, candidates, and ourselves with the utmost respect.
- Accountable: We believe in operating with transparency by communicating internally and externally with unwavering candor, honesty, and respect.
- Teamwork / Collaboration: We believe in harnessing our resources as strong women working together to achieve the impossible
- Ambassadors: We are humble ambassadors of our community and organization
- To advocate for social welfare programs and policies for the betterment of Africans in diaspora, Africa, and the community at large.
- To educate, equip and encourage Africans in diaspora and children of African heritage to become an integral part of the global social economic & political system.
- To influence and change the policies & political landscape in our communities by making African issues and challenges relevant e.g. African Women affairs
- To galvanize change at all levels of the political spectrum (local, state, federal) ensuring Africans are represented in leadership roles, and are active decision-makers.
- To align with candidates, elected officials and lawmakers, while fostering positive relationships and educating them on the issues that impacts African in diaspora, children of African heritage and the community at large.
- To organize grassroot activities, outreach/welfare programs and create political awareness that brings understanding to critical public policies.
- To promote the African heritage and culture.
- To become the melting pot and umbrella organization for African women to speak with one unifying voice.
- To collaborate with organizations with similar mission.
Talk to Us!
Please feel free to send us a message to learn more about TAWPAC. We will be more than glad to answer your inquiries.